Free Erlang traffic calculators

The world's first online Erlang traffic calculators

Telecom Traffic Online
  Home | Free calculators | Products | Tech. papers | Forum | About us
Erlang for Excel
A-Z termination using H.323 and SIP
A-Z termination
  • VoIP softswitch

DUAL Softswitch is a complete Voice over IP switching and billing solution.  Flat monthly rate.

Web control panels; Least Cost Routing; Excel tariff uploads; SIP and H323 support.

H323 SIP softswitch >>

• VoIP calling

Premium quality termination for wholesale carriers with their own VoIP switch.

44Direct >>

Our lowest rates for wholesale carriers with their own VoIP switch.

44Mobile >>

Our unique online callshop billing system.

Bill My Calls >>

Ericsson EPG SDF, ACR & Rating Group

Wallis Dudhnath - 8th May 2018  (18:42 GMT)

Hi Sitraka,

Configuration with the DPI / PCEF,
3GPP OCS and PCRF will be vendor specific.

As a suggestion I would use the different IP Flows (SDF-Service Data Flows) with a QCI. PCC (OCS/PCRF using the Sy) will then Rate and charge the session using Diameter Gy.

At the Core Network layer the Rating Group - RG - is used to group a set of Services. The Service Identifier - SI - will be used by OCS / PCRF to Rate and Charge for the ongoing session.

As you will have MSCC you will need the Diameter Gy interface.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Sitraka R. - 8th May 2018  (10:58 GMT)

Hi Wallis Dudhnath,

Thanks for your answer.

What I really want to know is how to match on configuration the Rating Group sent to the OCS to some particular traffic categorized by a SDF-ID ?

For example if I want to allocate Rating Group "15" to traffic classified with SDF-ID "17", how to do that on EPG ? (without using ACR if possible)

Wallis Dudhnath - 1st May 2018  (10:46 GMT)

Hi Sitraka,

Rating Groups (RGs), SP IDs, etc.. are configured with the PGW that supports an internal SASN (PISC / DPI).

PGW will use Gy to a 3GPP OCS (e.g. Ericsson Charging_System 5.x, CS17, etc..) so that the session (e.g. VoLTE / viLTE / etc..) can be rated and charged using the Rating Engine and the assigned Resources (Dedicated Accounts, Composite Accounts, Offers, etc..).

Gy will use Diameter Credit Control Requests / Answers (CCR/CCAs) to the 3GPP OCS platform.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Sitraka R. - 30th April 2018  (14:53 GMT)

Hi everyone

Answer from experts will be highly appreciated.

Question :
How to match simply a Rating Group and SDF-ID for Packet Inspection & Classification, if don't want or i don't have any ACR to define ?

Thank you in advance

Post a reply to this article

Name Enter your name.
Message Enter your message.
Email Optional -  If you enter your email address in this box, then you will automatically be notified if anyone replies to your message.  Your email address will only be published if you pay to post this message.
Verification
Please confirm you are human.
Press the button to post your message.
Home | Free online calculators | Products | Technical papers | Forum | Contact us | About us

Last modified: 17 May 2017

Copyright 2017. All rights reserved.