Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

What is Soft Blocking and Hard Blocking

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Hassan

What is Soft Blocking and Hard Blocking in terms of Data KPIs. How are they calculated and what is the difference b/w the two?

Guys please help me out here…

BR// Hassan

vaibhav kumar yadav

Soft blocking – when a cell is heavily loaded, the interference level increases because of many users. so the BTS might block any additional user (or call) so as to not add to more interference. remedy is to contain coverage or add more sites nearby congested site.

hard blocking – when a cell capacity gets limited when no more CEs are available. This off course is a hardware restriction. So a possible remedy is to add more CEs or contain coverage (optimization)

Vishal kaushik

What is Hard Blocking & Soft Blocking? With example?

Wallis Dudhnath

Hard blocking describes the situation when NO RADIO Resources are
    assigned after the GPRS/EDGE/etc.. service request in Data Services and access to Data services is denied.
    For instance, if we consider a case when a user requests resource for
    Data Service access and no resources at all are assigned, this is deemed as Hard Blocking.

Soft blocking considered the scenarios that allocated channel numbers does not meet the MS multi time slot
    capability after data service has established i.e. Soft blocking
    where users are assigned a “PORTION” of the resources they request.

Poobalan

Can anybody let me know, How does Hard blocking occur in not congested cell and Is it cause of hardware failure. Because I have seen many cells affected by hard blocking where no capacity issue.

pix

hi Poobalan

Hard congestion is not caused by HW failure. It is caused by sheer lack of timeslots of any kind to serve the incoming call, resulting in the subscriber having to redial.

Soft congestion is caused by the system having to re-allocate capacity in order to serve an incoming call. Usually it is the Ps timeslots that are released, in order to make room for CS timeslots.

Additionally, soft congestion might be synonymous with incoming handover congestion : the incoming HO is rejected because not enough capacity in the target cell. However the call is maintained in the source cell. That’s not a direct impact on subscriber.

BR/Pix

pix

hi,

oops, sorry, hw failure do cause hard congestion, because capacity is reduced. I guess I misread the question…

for example, 1 baseband is down, so the remaining baseband will have to absorb the extra traffic.

cheers
    pix

Dalip singh

In Hard blocking chats in right side. Plz slove.

LOCHAN KARE

1 NO HARD BLOKING NO-6371687782

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.