Free Erlang traffic calculators

The world's first online Erlang traffic calculators

Telecom Traffic Online
  Home | Free calculators | Products | Tech. papers | Forum | About us
Erlang for Excel
A-Z termination using H.323 and SIP
A-Z termination
  • VoIP softswitch

DUAL Softswitch is a complete Voice over IP switching and billing solution.  Flat monthly rate.

Web control panels; Least Cost Routing; Excel tariff uploads; SIP and H323 support.

H323 SIP softswitch >>

• VoIP calling

Premium quality termination for wholesale carriers with their own VoIP switch.

44Direct >>

Our lowest rates for wholesale carriers with their own VoIP switch.

44Mobile >>

Our unique online callshop billing system.

Bill My Calls >>

HSL over TDM / ATM

• Erlang for Excel

An Add-In for Microsoft Excel that lets you use Erlang B and C functions in your own Excel spreadsheets.

The ultimate in Erlang traffic modelling flexibility and data sharing.

• Erlang Calculators

An easy to use and fast Windows product offering Erlang B, Extended Erlang B, Erlang C and Call Minutes calculators.

Four products in one, plus Erlang for Excel free.

• VoIP Calculator

Our entry level VoIP calculator allowing you to easily calculate your Voice over IP bandwidth requirements.

Supports multiple codecs and packet intervals and RTP header compression.

Wallis Dudhnath - 5th October 2016  (13:38 GMT)

ATM and TDM are two types of data transfer technologies. TDM stands for Time-division multiplexing, which is a method of combining multiple data streams into one and sending it together over one signal. ATM stands for Asynchronous Transfer Mode. It is based on a fixed "cell" that is used to convey a Multimedia payload, i.e. Voice, Data, etc..

Summary: ATM uses "cells" whereas TDM uses a "nailed up" TimeSlot to convey information. Internally, HSL uses ATM "cells".

Over 20 years ago when TDM was overloaded with the signalling load there was the move to 2Mbits/s HSL. This was an interim step before the full adoption of Sigtran (SS7overIP).

GURJIT SINGH - 5th October 2016  (08:31 GMT)

Want to know ATM HSL Bandwidth

galal Ajlouni - 8th August 2012  (11:25 GMT)

Would you please help me to get the formula how to calculate link load (in erlangs) for ATM-HSL (High speed link) .

Tauhid - 31st October 2010  (07:18 GMT)

Can anybody describe a little what is the difference between ATM and TDM?

Nikhil - 19th March 2010  (08:46 GMT)

I want to know difference between TDM HSL and ATM HSL

MTN - 19th May 2008  (14:30 GMT)

Hi Tuannd,

As I know that the HSL is over ATM, but its can be over TDM but its will be as simulation and its will be 30 % use of the 2 Mbps.
Also in TDM you can use the total bandwidth or the total E1 but fractional 30 channels .

Tuannd - 25th April 2008  (03:01 GMT)

Dear friends

I am looking for the difference between HSL over TDM and HSL over ATM: the principles, standards and dimensiontion guide. Can anybody help me? many thanks!!

Post a reply to this article

Important notice

This forum is rapidly turning into a document exchange medium.  It was intended as an area for open discussion.  Please restrict your postings to open discussions.  Requests for documents are now being removed from this forum.

Name Enter your name.
Message Enter your message.
Email Optional -  If you enter your email address in this box, then you will automatically be notified if anyone replies to your message.  Your email address will only be published if you pay to post this message.
Verification code
Verification code Enter this verification code into the box.
Press the button to post your message.
Home | Free online calculators | Products | Technical papers | Forum | Contact us | About us

Last modified: 26 November 2014

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved.