Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Uplink quality poor

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ajay

Hi to all,
    In our network(GSM 900), we are facing lots of problem in uplink quality in one sector. Despite the Uplink quality is worst, Downlink quality is excellent. What could be the probable reason for this.
    Thanks.

pix

have you checked the path balance of the cell ? (=low ul level and good dl level)

i can see two possible reasons for a poor ul quality :
    1. problem in the hardware, and especially in the TRE or the combiner/duplexer
    2. ul interference coming from another cell

you can try to isolate the cause by checking the UL quality TRX per TRX, and by changing the frequencies.

Tomar

Hi Ajay,
    check UL Idle band Interference meas. If it is posible on each TRX.

The 3. case could be also disturbance from other sources. We have problem on the cell, which cover jail.

BR
    Tomar

Ranjan

How can we check the path balance in ericsson systems?

mannu

Dear Pix,

I am also facing the same problem uplink quality is very bad but downlink quality is good i am working on ALU bts.

mm

IN FOUR OF MY BSCs THE TCH BLOCKING % ARE AS UNDER –
    BSC1-9.95%
    BSC2-1.72%
    BSC3-12.57%
    BSC4-20.60%
    CAN THERE BE ANY PARTICULAR REASON AT THE BSC LEVEL FOR THIS HIGH TCH BLOCKING RATE ??
    WILL ANYONE HELP PLEASE ?
    Mr.PIX,PLEASE EXPLAIN

Eng Solomon

In the UP link, UE Sends MSGs to Node B, which is capable of Detecting the UE for paging/Signaling puposes. However, the problem arises if hardware is Not functioning well, i.e TRXs or Combiner/Duplexer, Also check that the power is surficient enough in the system…BADICM(Cause effect) can also be one though brought by the Power incerficiency.

I hope that will help. thanks.

Yann3112

Uplink quality is too bad.How to fix it??

LEMAURE

check BADICM stats and UL RXLEV distribution.
    you might be facing HW issues, interferences or coverage issues)

opti_baby

as usual, if that is FDD system, uplink interference cause the problem, use a full band scanner to check the whole band’s floor noise (uplink), if that is a TDD system (LTE), you may use the time slot scanning funtion to scan all the symbol and RE.

Parsa48

I have a lot uplink rx quality in 3G ran Ericsson please someone guide me to solve this problem

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.