The world's first online Erlang traffic calculators

Telecom Traffic Online
  Home | Free calculators | Products | Tech. papers | Forum | About us
A-Z termination - click here
A-Z termination - CLICK HERE
A-Z termination using H.323 and SIP
A-Z termination
  • VoIP softswitch

DUAL Softswitch is a complete Voice over IP switching and billing solution.  Flat monthly rate.

Web control panels; Least Cost Routing; Excel tariff uploads; SIP and H323 support.

H323 SIP softswitch >>

• VoIP calling

Premium quality termination for wholesale carriers with their own VoIP switch.

44Direct >>

Our lowest rates for wholesale carriers with their own VoIP switch.

44Mobile >>

Our unique online callshop billing system.

Bill My Calls >>

Call Setup time in GSM

• Erlang for Excel

An Add-In for Microsoft Excel that lets you use Erlang B and C functions in your own Excel spreadsheets.

The ultimate in Erlang traffic modelling flexibility and data sharing.

• Erlang Calculators

An easy to use and fast Windows product offering Erlang B, Extended Erlang B, Erlang C and Call Minutes calculators.

Four products in one, plus Erlang for Excel free.

• VoIP Calculator

Our entry level VoIP calculator allowing you to easily calculate your Voice over IP bandwidth requirements.

Supports multiple codecs and packet intervals and RTP header compression.

kranthi - 22nd January 2017  (08:38 GMT)

Hi ,

can any one provide the standard & standard specification where i can get GSM call flow in detail & time allowed by the standard ( 3GPP OR ETSI ) . Need in standard specification ( ETSI xxxx OR 3GPP xxxx) that has to use some where in my organisation

Sudhir - 20th November 2016  (04:42 GMT)

Call setup time calculation in tems logfile

priya - 23rd April 2015  (04:57 GMT)

how to get the call setup time for different networks like gps,gprs,umts. and there is any techniques to minimise the call setup time ?

gyana - 10th December 2013  (08:10 GMT)

we have rehomed some BSC From one SGSN to another new SGSN. and found call setup time increased while subsciber is in GPRS active mode in that SGSN.MT voice call is happening through Gs interface.

Kindly advice

Usman - 16th May 2013  (09:13 GMT)

For bigger and complex GSM networks, average time is 5.5 to 7 secs.

SURESH - 13th May 2011  (07:18 GMT)

Dear Garry,I am a research scholor working in the area of GSM networks. How to calculate the call setup time for a GSM network.

nux - 7th February 2011  (08:06 GMT)

hi all,

i also have some problem on call setup. for information, i get one cell re-homed from old BSC to new BSC. when i tried to make originating call, network could "ring" the opposite subscriber (so i think ISUP message has been received) but a few moments later it was disconnected with display in mobile "network unavailble".

i'm in charge at core network, can anybody tell me what alarm it is?

water - 5th December 2005  (11:53 GMT)

hey Garry!!!

The problem in network wide. when you try call the number, pressin the call butto, it tries to set the call up, then after around 5 sec the message displays on the Mobile "call failed not available" of just "call failed"
we do drive tests every two weeks in the cities and the major villages, but we cant exactly pinpoint what cud be the cause of this problem. we don understand exactly where (in the system: BSS or Corenetwork) it happens.

help

sanj - 18th November 2005  (11:30 GMT)

hi garry,

thanks for your wonderful explaination. it was really nice. i hope u continue this way on this forum. incase if u dont intend so then pls give me ur personal email id....if dont mind so that i can ask for help in future.

thanks again.bye

Garry !! - 17th November 2005  (11:22 GMT)

Hi Sanj & Hi Jood,

Jood is right with his examples, do let me know if you have some more specific queries.

Best regards,

Garry !!

Other messages

Other messages: [Next 10 >>]

Post a reply to this article

Important notice

This forum is rapidly turning into a document exchange medium.  It was intended as an area for open discussion.  Please restrict your postings to open discussions.  Requests for documents are now being removed from this forum.

Name Enter your name.
Message Enter your message.
Email Optional -  If you enter your email address in this box, then you will automatically be notified if anyone replies to your message.  Your email address will only be published if you pay to post this message.
Verification code
Verification code Enter this verification code into the box.
Press the button to post your message.
Home | Free online calculators | Products | Technical papers | Forum | Contact us | About us

Last modified: 26 November 2014

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved.